At Woodlands we educate, motivate and celebrate the achievements of our students in preparation for a life beyond school. We provide a vibrant, fun and inclusive educational community within which all members, students and adults, are continuously learning together.
Woodlands will provide an outreach and training service for supporting colleagues in other Luton schools.
At Woodlands we aim to:
- provide a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of the individual student and helps prepare them for life beyond school
- provide a relevant and challenging curriculum within a supportive environment and in the wider community
- work closely and in collaboration with parents and carers, the Local Authority and other agencies including Social Care and the Transitions Team.
We promote British Values by:
- delivering a curriculum which is fun and challenging at every level
- creating a school and service ethos firmly based on mutual trust, respect, empathy, understanding and celebration of difference
- encouraging caring and thoughtful attitudes
- providing an environment where students feel safe and can learn and thrive
- creating an environment of high expectations and positive attitudes
- nurturing confidence, promoting independence and empowering our students to make good decisions and choices