School Logo

Travel Assistance

Transition information for students


The Luton website states:


If your child has special educational needs they may be entitled to travel assistance if they cannot walk to school/college/education provision because of their SEND or mobility problem.

Attendance at a special school or a learning resource base does not automatically entitle your child to travel assistance.

Further information about the local authority’s policy on Travel assistance can be found at:

Parents of new students moving into Woodlands for Year 7 need to apply to the local authority for their request to be considered for September. The application form can be found using the link above


Parents of students currently in Year 11 also need to reapply for travel assistance before they move into Year 12 at Woodlands or if they are moving to a different school placement.


Applications for September should be submitted by 30th May each year to ensure transport is allocated in time for the start of the Autumn Term.